An injunction is a court order used to compel or prevent a party to do certain things. Injunctions are often used in an emergency, and therefore it is essential that you get the help of a solicitor without any delay. Our expert family solicitors understand how delicate and complicated family law matters can be. To speak to one of our expert solicitors regarding an injunction please call us on 0161 835 2446.
Under the Family Law Act 1996 there are two main types of injunctions:
- A non-molestation order – order to prevent someone from being violent, threatening violence, harassing or intimidating you.
- An occupation order – to exclude someone from your home.
Who can apply for an injunction?
In order for you to apply for an injunction you or your ex-partner must be associated in a certain way, you will either be:
- Married or have been married together
- You are cohabitants or have been cohabiting
- You are in a civil partnership or have been
- You are living or have lived in the same household
- You have a child together
- You are related
If you are unsure, please contact our family law department to see if you are eligible to apply for an injunction. Our expert solicitors will be able to advise you on the best course of action should you require an injunction.
Call us today on 0161 835 2446.
Why choose MWG?
MWG’s expert family solicitors have years of experience dealing with family law matters. We have served clients across Greater Manchester and beyond. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal service, our solicitors will ensure you reach the best arrangement that protects your personal and financial interests.