A person who has indefinite leave to remain (ILR) has no time limit on his or her stay and is free to work or study without restriction. ILR was previously endorsed in your passport (wet ink stamp). If you have this endorsement, you can apply for a No Time Limit (NTL) Visa.

Once the transfer has been done, UKVI will serve you with a Biometric Residence Permit known as a BRP card, which will serve as a document to confirm your immigration status.

UK Immigration Experts

We have years of experience when it comes to dealing with UK Immigration Applications. Let MWG help you manage the process.

Detailed Case Evaluation and Support

Our UK Immigration Solicitors will carry out a detailed evaluation of your case and advise you on the best course of action to secure your future

Strive for Excellence

Our customer care team ensures that your case is dealt in a way that causes you as little distress as possible.

Why should I transfer my ILR into a biometric residence permit?

– BRP is easy to carry than a passport/other travel documents. You can keep it in your wallet, for example

-Your passport has expired

– It will not cause employers confusion if your passport has expired

-Change of personal data such as name etc

– A mistake on the personal data on your existing passport

– Lost or stolen passport

When can I apply?

You can apply at any time. There is no set date when you can do this, as long as you hold a valid ILR.

How long does the process take?

The average processing time is approximately 12 weeks; however, the standard processing time can take up to 6 months.

Contact us

Do you need help with your No Time Limit Visa? Speak to our immigration solicitors in a free initial consultation. Call 0161 835 2446 or use the contact form below.

    Looking out for you in your time of need

    Request Callback